'Boot Full' Grenache - a name that can be taken any way you like!
For us, this wine is a tribute to our overseas adventures in 2016 in a trusty little French car that we picked up for very few dollars. It was about as powerful as a ride on lawn mower. We had a lot of adventures in that little beast, a few mishaps too! For many months it carted us around to vineyards, beaches, mountains and the snow of mainland Europe and the UK, with a boot full of wine and not much else (priorities!). And we wouldn't have had it any other way!
Ooh, tell me more about the wine...
'Boot Full' Grenache is one that we are beyond excited about.
GI (region where grapes sourced): Barossa Valley Colour: Bright ruby red Aroma: Immediately alluring with fragrant aromas of fresh raspberries, red currants and violets with a nice aromatic lift from the whole bunch fermentation Palate: The bright and juicy palate shows layers of freshly cut red berries and rhubarb compote, balanced by a soft refreshing acidity and fine gentle tannins
Vintage:2020 Variety:100% Single Site Grenache Harvest Date: 17th March 2020 Maturation: 100% matured in matured French oak hogsheads for 3 months before blending and bottling
60% of the grapes were destemmed and fermented in open top fermenters for 7-10 days with gentle plunging or pumping over before being pressed to seasoned French oak. The remaining 40% underwent carbonic maceration in a closed fermenter for 10 days before being pressed to french oak. The wine was matured in seasoned french oak for 3 months prior to blending and bottling.